Diamond Fields town plan

4 replies
Town Governor
Votes:
+10
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Town Governor
So while I have not quite gotten my township in game I wanted to share my outline for what I want my town to be and how it can fit in with the phoenix republic.

I want diamond fields to be a crafter heavy town. I have purchased a pavilion to use permanently there on a village lot. But I want to foster vendors and decked out row house main street where folks can place their vendors rather than randomly wandering the world (which of course will still be present) Perhaps I want it to be a shopping mall of New Britannia and remove the elitism occurring in Owl's Head. I want to have an organized central town area that is row house heavy to allow more vendors in a concentrated area and without the meandering layouts of NPC towns. The surrounding outskirts will be for the larger housing plots. Central to the row house area will be a couple lots set aside for social gatherings of which I have a few recurring events planned.

The Bear and the Maiden Fair
This will be a dance social, which I would like to occur bi-annually. The first time will be before the next wipe and when I actually get my POT and can get it decorated. I have already started saving up Red dresses and will be crafting bears masks to give away at the event. Call it a specific costume contest using these 2 items. Alexander John already helped me obtain mass quantities of red dresses (thanks for showing me where).

I think I want this to be an introduction to diamond fields but some of the other items fit more to the town's premise. This one may be pushed back a bit. Anyway, I would like all to wear one or the other, be better if men could wear red dresses but oh well lol While not specifically crafter thing, I want it to be a coming out party of sorts. As part of that event I will have a groveling contest. A RP event where the best groveler will win a cash prize etc. I will use independent judges and crowd participation to determine the winner. A couple of other minor prize events for this will be developed before announced

Fastest crafter in the west
Using a random box of materials (all the same for each contestant - so they can't cheat and premake things 'hopefully') each contestant will be given a trunk of stuff and asked to create x number of x. This is a time trial. Best time to craft all the things required wins. Generic crafting tools will be inside the boxes. Not sure if folks having artisan or prosperity tools will affect this and lead to cheating .... or maybe that is a good incentive for folks to upgrade if whining occurs. The next crafting patch may affect this.

Decorator extroidinaire
A box of items will be given and a lot will be subdived into working areas, hoepfully with walls that suport item attachment I need to check the 60 granite stone walls and verify that things like wall shelves will attach, or possibly the room dividers, and we can go most pleasing, ugliest, fastest to use all resources etc ... prize categories I am still kicking around.

Dance contest.
This won't be spamming a single emote or best cotume based, but using /em and actions along with in game emotes to dance to specific songs I hope to coordinate with Avatar's radio. A 3 song playlist will be chosen and particpants will get to choose to which song they want to strust their stuff to simultaneously. A winner from each song will be chosen. The 3 songs should be established ahead of time and coordinated with avatars radio. This will allow folks to prepare for which one they wish to comepte. The 3 finalists will then have to spontaneously do a dance routine to a 4th song chosen at random by the AR DJ. Prize will be some kind of cash reward or whatever I can come up with.

Britania's next top model
A catwalk will be contructed on some of the town's common ground, and this will be a clothing + emote based contest. Working out a setlist with AR would be groovy but not absolutely necessary. Contestants should bring their favorite outfit and use emotes and /em to walk the catwalk.

Fishing Tourney
First to catch x number of items in a list will win. I will attempt to make the list quite varied so someone cannot cheat and bring already caught items to try to add to their tally. Honor would be required on this and I have seen cheating occur in similar events like this one that I have run ...will be thinking more on how to avoid this best. Better fishermen obviously catch things faster so it either needs to be right after a wipe or after an established amount of time with warning for folks to practice their fishing to make it more equal.

I have a few more ideas I have not fully developed but this is the base plan as it stands for Diamond Fields an island based bio.
Posted Nov 13, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+63
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Lord
Sovereign
This is an amazing set of events...., when do you plan on starting to implement them? Can I get you calendar access to help you out? We can get you able to post events and run them.
enjin-798984-WrathPhoenix-blue.png
Posted Nov 16, 15
Citizen
Votes:
+7
Town Governor
This one time in bandit cave camp, bandit leader wanted to wear all the red dresses... it was a pretty ruffian.

Bad puns aside, this is a great list of activities.

I had suggested the Cinco de Bayou Festival for around May days.
Posted Nov 16, 15 · Last edited Nov 16, 15
Citizen
Votes:
+63
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Lord
Sovereign
Moved this to a new "Diamond Fields" forum I created for lace.
enjin-798984-WrathPhoenix-blue.png
Posted Nov 17, 15
Town Governor
Votes:
+10
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Town Governor
MY POT IS HERE! ... YAY

But By tomorrow noon I will have put in 80 hours of work this week arg ......will be working on getting it laid out asap then can figure out events and stuff, but work is killing me right now.
Posted Nov 20, 15 · OP
Top Posters
77 Posts
69 Posts
64 Posts
45 Posts
45 Posts
Happy Birthday!
&
Upcoming birthdays (10)
Birthday on Tue 01 Jan, 2019
Birthday on Thu 03 Jan, 2019