Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Court Member
Town Planner
Grand Vizier
For Release 10, we're going to attempt to do more than we have in past releases.

In addition to using open lots to build customized content (stage, party area, picnic area, etc), we're going to build houses to suit professions! (note: We still need a Knight Marshall keep in proximity to the hot tubs for high-diving goodness!)

For R10, we need folks to think as a community rather than a group of individuals. As an example, I will be choosing a house and decorating it to look like a tailor shop.

Other examples of professions vs. houses needed:

Alchemist (I did this with Sebben's wizard tower in R9 and would probably do it again, Sebben willing.)
Carpenter
Blacksmith
Innkeeper/Barkeeper
Baker/Cook

I will be partnering with Doc Ragnarok on various builds/placements, but we need YOUR input, fair citizens, on which buildings you'll want to be responsible for, or which open lots you'll be in charge of procuring.

For the ease of viewing, here's a map of Holtrot. The west entrance is where the players enter the scene

600px-Holtrot.jpg

For this to work well, we need ALL lots from 1-17 to be commandeered by Port Phoenix personnel as early as possible in R10. To some extent, we may have to ask non-Port Phoenix players who come in early to relocate to one of the higher plateaus in the scene, for he sake of the group. I know that the Lord Marshall House that was placed on 9 was NEVER used - the player simply plopped it down and never came back. This is why it's essential that we work together to get as many of the lots in question as we can.

For the numbers on the map:
1 - Village Lot
2 - Village Lot
3 - Village Lot
4 - Village Lot
5 - Village Lot
6 - Village Lot
7 - Village Lot
8 - Village Lot - Wizard Tower/Alchemy Shop - Sebben
9 - Town Lot - Open Lot - Ring of Stones and some seating options
10 - Village Lot - Tailor Shop - Jack Knyfe
11 - Town Lot - Open Lot - Maze (partner with Riya and/or Net)
12 - Village Lot - Windmill House - Jenny Phoenixfyre
13 - Village Lot (R9, Stage area) - public seating area with tables, possibly
14 - Village Lot (R9, Party area) - possibly no change for R10
15 - Town Lot, Open Lot, new stage(?) or park
16 - Village Lot (R9, Whaleduck's house) - possibly no change for R10, BUT deco change for a Town Hall
17 - Village Lot - Military Outpost - Galiwyn (assisted by Stormblessed as needed)

AVATARS! TO THE HIDDEN VALE! TO HOLTROT! TO PORT PHOENIX!*

*(and Sawtooth Hollow. MUHUHUHAHAHAHA!)
Posted Sep 2, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 29, 14
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+63
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Lord
Sovereign
I am thinking lot 9 should be snagged for a stonehenge, with park seating surrounding that.

8 should be sebbens wizard tower.
Lot 11 could be a maze or open air market.

13 and 14 i think should still stay as a stage, but this time lets reverse the stage so that the stage faces 14, and 14 will be more outside seating.

17 - Military keep & aresenal ran by Galiwyn?

12 could be a windmill and farm area, maybe ran by jenny?

1-5 should be housing, village looking homes. That would be the living spaces of the village proper. Also a good place to set up shops?

7 - how about a tinkers workshop made with a viking longhome?

16 - Knight marshalls keep built as a welcome center?

15 - Possibly another outside park, but theres already so many, this could also be used as a building for the town hall / Capitol building.
enjin-798984-WrathPhoenix-blue.png
Posted Sep 2, 14
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+7
Founder
Oh, I'm perfectly willing to let someone else deco my pad!

Jack does an excellent job so everyone hit him up!
Posted Sep 2, 14
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Court Member
Town Planner
Grand Vizier
There is a strong possibility that lots will cost in-game gold this time around, as well as the houses placed on said lots. We will find out more once Starr posts his R10 instructions thread, and will adjust our strategy accordingly.

If this happens, our first goal for the Dev+ folks will be to do gold-farming by going into dungeons or other monster-populated scenes and farming items and gold drops.

More info on this as we hear about it.
Posted Sep 5, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
I will be at Knight pledge status come the 15th of this month, and then probably Knight Marshal by next month. Goal is to get to Lord before the actual release. I will have all the houses up to that pledge point so let me know if you'd like to use one to help facilitate the community.
Posted Sep 6, 14
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Court Member
Town Planner
Grand Vizier
That's great!

Our goal is to look like a town rather than a collection of haphazard houses, so we may just take you up on that!

I'm definitely going to pledge Knight prior to launch, but Lord would be nice...although Baron is where my dream home lies.
Posted Sep 6, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
It would be a tight squeeze for me to try and obtain Baron, though that would be awesome to do; I can't see myself realistically achieving that goal. Ill be happy to put down some public houses for the community.

I know this is out of reach but one can dream: wouldn't be badass if we had the Lord of the Manor or even Duke castle for our "guild hall". A place where players wanting to join the community could come and inquire about the application process, and a place where clients could come and place their orders? It could also serve as a sort of museum for the lore and history of Port Phoenix.

Just a dream! lol.
Posted Sep 7, 14
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Founder
Court Member
Town Planner
Grand Vizier
I wasn't suggesting that you go for Baron (unless you really wanted to do so), I was simply stating that I love the Baron housing. As far as guild hall, I think the Baron layout would look nicer for our town versus a Duke or LotM house, because the Duke houses are about as pretty as a port-a-potty, and the LotM is more of a symbol of extravagance than community.
Posted Sep 7, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Citizen
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
I'm tracking you weren't suggesting I go Baron, I was agreeing with you (in a round-about way) that obtaining Duke pledge would be awesome :)

I haven't seen the layout for many of these houses so I'll take your word on the Duke house (that's a real shame!)

I also see your point about the unnecessary need for an extravagant symbol in the community.
Posted Sep 7, 14
List
Undo
Commoner
Votes:
+21
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Commoner
I'd love to go to Lord Marshall, but that all depends on finances (and whether Portalarium does any more specials!)

Any word yet when pledging closes? Could there be a chance for some Black Friday deals? So many questions, so few answers! :d
BD_sig_650.png
Posted Sep 9, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
77 Posts
69 Posts
64 Posts
45 Posts
45 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (9)